Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Altered Canvas Art






This is a small 9" x7" canvas that I bought from the pound shop.
a) I painted a base coat of white gesso down first and whilst it was still wet added a small ammount of Earthtones Adirondak acrylic paint. I did not brush it on I stippled it to create a slightly raised texture.
b)Whilst the paint was still wet I sprayed some Coffee shop glimmer mists all over and again stippled the surface.
c)I tore some pages from an old book and adhered them to the canvas, painted a bit of white gesso over the top and then stamped some flower images over the whole thing( I sprayed my stamp with the glimmer mists and mixed a bit of the white gesso with it.
d)The photos were printed off and the edges sanded and the stuck onto the canvas
e) The chipboard shape was covered and a small amount of Heirloom Gold Perfect Pears by Ranger was added.
f) Th back of the bird brooch was removed and the bird stuck down and the the Cluster Faisceaux (crystal stickers) by Mark Richards were added.


1 comment:

Debs said...

wow this is so cool xx